Disclaimer

This blog represents my views, and not those of the Peace Corps, the government of Mali, or anyone else.

I love you... Send me stuff!

I edited this but now the editions have gone away.



The Original Post is Below




Hi everyone! I'm doing well, and I'll try to post an update tomorrow with real information about what my life is like. Plus, tomorrow I learn where my permanent site is!

Take it for granted that if you are a female friend of mine, I've promised you in marriage to a Malian teenager. I made this promise over tea, which Malians sweeten unbearably. I introduced them to Lemon Zinger, and once they loaded it up with sugar, they loved it. This is great because it spares me the highly concentrated super sweet tea they normally drink... but I'm going to run out of Lemon Zinger! So I'm thinking that if you felt like sending me something, tea might be just right. Zinger or Redbush Chai or Blueberry Roobios. Mmmmm. Ok. I also started a dependency of my family on Jolly Ranchers. So if you have some spare candy... But what I really want that seems to be hard to get is yarn. I thought it would be all over the place, but I haven't seen any yet. And my fingers are itching to knit. I have some string for mosquito net hanging and the like and I've been tempted to start a crochet project with that. I don't know what I could make with that, but that's not the point. Everyone needs their stress-relief things, and I think that yarn stuff might be mine.

So that's all. I'm well now, although I was sick last week. Basi tε - it's no trouble. I may have sent out some cards, and I'll try to send out some more. Email me your address if you think I don't have it. Hεrε - Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I don't get to check them very often, but I will try to respond.