Disclaimer

This blog represents my views, and not those of the Peace Corps, the government of Mali, or anyone else.

This is Goodbye

This is the time to ask forgiveness, and to pray for togetherness. This is the time to look one more time at the sun going down over the rice fields, and one more time to bike across the sun rise. This is the time to buy two goats and a pig for a party, and time to write a speech about everything I've done. This is the time to buy fancy Malian clothes to go home with. This is the time to apply for jobs and pray I don't get callbacks before I get to Ameriki and pick up my phone... This is the time to spend one more moment with the people I love. This is the time to get excited about seeing the people I love again after long separation.

In 1 week, I have a going away party in Koutiala. In 2 weeks, I have a going away party at site. In 3 weeks, I'll be on a plane heading to NY. But part of my heart will always stay here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I don't get to check them very often, but I will try to respond.